Developers of the Coney Casino Keep Receiving Feedback from the Community



The Coney US Casino Development Project The Coney is consistently confident of their chances to get one of the highly sought-after casino licenses allocated for New York’s downstate region. Coney Island and the Wonder Wheel are the backdrop to its $3 billion bid to transform Brooklyn into a year-round tourist destination. Now, New York real estate giant Thor Equities, along with Legends Hospitality, has joined forces with Global Gaming Solutions and Saratoga Casino Holdings to make this a reality. Pippin and Gerrity recently spoke with Casino.org about their cross-industry consortium and their commitment to New York City. Despite it being home to The Coney, no decision is final yet concerning the licenses. Up ahead are the final rounds and the board will evaluate each bid based on its own unique scorecard criteria. Economic activity and business development will count for 70%, while local impact siting, workforce enhancement, and diversity framework each compete for the remaining 30%. An endorsement from NYC Community Board 13 suggests things are moving in the right direction for The Coney. Now the casino’s backers are turning their attention towards addressing community concerns and ensuring positive local engagement. As for environmental impact, potential traffic congestion, and heightening rents, nothing is being left off the table in the journey towards realizing The Coney. Stay tuned!



Source link

Leave a Comment