Sports Betting on January 29, 2024, 03:18h.
Latest Updates on January 29, 2024, 03:18h.
Sources close to Taylor want a Swift end to rumors that she will perform at the Super Bowl, according to a new report.
When the Super Bowl is played in Las Vegas for the first time, both the San Francisco 49ers and Kansas City Chiefs — and halftime star Usher — will have to share the broadcast glory with the reactions of the most famous attendee ever to attend NFL’s big game.
Music megastar Taylor Swift will be there — according to TMZ, which quotes “sources with direct knowledge” — to root on her beau, Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce. However, she will let halftime star Usher — and any surprise guest stars he invites to the stage — do all the performing. And, according to TMZ, she will definitely not be one of those guests.
In fact, claims the gossip website, “there’s no chance T-Swift will go anywhere near the stage, let alone step onto it.”
There shouldn’t need to be a reason to explain why someone who was not announced by the NFL as the halftime headliner will not perform in the halftime show. In this case, however, there are five good ones:
- Swift has not rehearsed for the Super Bowl, and is about to start the international leg of her “Eras Tour” in nine days.
- Swift will be exhausted. She will need to fly back immediately after leaving a concert stage at 11 p.m. Japan time on Saturday, Feb. 10 — having performed four back-to-back concerts there — for a 10-12-hour flight that puts her in Vegas on Saturday between 5 and 7 p.m.
- Performing would be romantic bad form, since every other day of the year is Taylor day while the Super Bowl is the one day Travis gets to outshine her.
- It would be beyond rude and unprofessional to Usher for the biggest music star in the world to upstage his moment in the spotlight, which Taylor might even conceivably do from her seat.
- Swift is bigger than the Super Bowl anyway, having already sold out Allegiant Stadium on her own twice last year, and having reportedly turned down the opportunity to headline the halftime show several times. “She wants to be a part of the show at some point and is leaning towards doing it in a few years, especially if the Super Bowl is in Nashville,” the Daily Mail reported being told by an unnamed source close to the NFL last year.
Oddsmakers have refused to take prop bets on how many times CBS will cut to Swift in her box or whether Kelce will propose on the field should the Chiefs win. The concern is that the outcome could be easily influenced or manipulated.