Encore Boston Harbor Is Taking Steps to Prevent Coronavirus Spreading

[ad_1]

Encore Boston Harbor is planning to take the temperatures of all guests and employees entering the premises as part of increased efforts to stem the spread of the coronavirus.

Encore Boston Harbor is stepping up its game when it comes to protecting guests and staff from the coronavirus. (Image: Boston Globe)

News of the Wynn Resorts property bolstering procedures aimed at preventing proliferation of the respiratory illness comes as Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker declared a state of emergency. The Bay State has 92 confirmed COVID-19 cases, 70 of which are believed to be attributable to a biotechnology conference held at the Marriott Long Wharf in Boston in late February.

As part of the new virus-related screening, anyone entering the Everett, Mass. integrated resort that has a temperature of 100 degrees or higher will be referred to medical personnel for treatment. That policy is expected to go into place “soon,” though Wynn did not specify a date. The temperature-taking plan is part of an extensive list of policies implemented by Encore Boston Harbor in the wake of the epidemic.

We are in constant communication with our employees to reinforce our sanitization safety procedures in both guest-facing and back-of-house areas,” according to a statement on Encore’s web site. “We are sanitizing high-traffic public areas at an increased frequency.”

Gaming areas and restaurants at the venue, which debuted last June, remain open during the outbreak. But Wynn said it’s increasing the frequency of sanitizing shared utensils while boosting cleaning of high- traffic areas in the front of dining areas, as well as in the back of the house. Slot machines and table game areas are also being disinfected more regularly and cards, chips, and dice are either cleaned or replaced everyday.

Local Impact

As of Tuesday afternoon, a slew of concerts, conventions, athletic tournaments, and other events across the US have been canceled or postponed because of the COVID-19 outbreak, a theme that is affecting Boston’s travel and leisure industry.

The Ivy League scrapped its postseason men’s and women’s basketball tournaments, originally slated for Cambridge, Mass. later this week. Boston’s famous St. Patrick’s Day Parade, which brought out over one million revelers last year, has also been canceled.

Chicago, Las Vegas, Philadelphia, and San Francisco are among the other cities that are experiencing cancellations and postponements of business meetings and events.

Dining Policies

Encore Boston Harbor is home to several high-end dining establishments, which contribute to revenue and serve as attractions for getting gamblers in the door. As such, Wynn is upping protocols related to its restaurants, including “rigorous” hand washing programs and telling all workers that are not feeling well to stay home.

“Safeguarding the health of our guests and employees is of the utmost importance,” according to Encore Boston’s dedicated coronavirus site. “As always, our food and beverage operation will continue to hold itself to the highest standards of hygiene and food-handling practices.”

News of those bolstered policies comes as rival MGM Resorts said Tuesday it’s postponing buffet service at the ARIA, Bellagio, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, The Mirage, Luxor, and Excalibur on the Las Vegas Strip starting March 15 because of the coronavirus.

[ad_2]

Source link

Leave a Comment